Thursday, September 1, 2011

Pawncho - DropxLife


Dropxlife - Pawncho by EARMILK

In just a few days the name "Pawncho" has shown itself to the world at a terrific speed.  If you haven't heard it yet listen to it I guess.  I like the Toronto (yea... another one) producer's beats, but simply cannot put Pawncho on a level anywhere near The Weeknd, or OVO... InxTwo and MoonxShine both utilize samples really well and I think are two of the best songs on DropxLife (UPDATE: InxTwo especially, fuck).  But then comes along... RollxPlae and one finds themselves waiting for Abel Tesfaye to jump on the track at any moment.  The track is great... but I find myself thirsting for more.  This theme applies to the whole shit.  I want more.  Is it possible that The Weeknd has changed the beat production game to such a degree that instrumental tapes won't be enough anymore? No... but as a producer, you better bring a lot more to the table these days.  Beats aren't just for rappers... theyve graced countless genres of music in recent years.  So I hope to see an artist like Pawncho do a little bit more in the future or team up with someone to make more complete music.  It's 2011. Go Hammer. (@kevintheduude put me on)

No comments:

Post a Comment