Friday, October 7, 2011

Ifan Dafydd – Sonic Router Mix #99

“Whether a chord progression makes any sense to me theoretically doesn’t really bother me as much anymore. Being correct is boring anyway.” - Ifan Dafydd
This cat initially recieved countless comparisons to James Blake, many even thought it was Blake using a pseudonym to release new music. But Welsh producer Ifan Dafydd is his own person. However, he did live with James Blake during their last year of 'University' (Goldsmiths). "Living with him was living with his music and it grabbed me. I'm grateful for the fact that he introduced me to innovative electronic music that directed me onto the path that I've pursued since moving back to North Wales.”
The mix is retarded... tracklist after the jump...


Tracklist:

Chopin – Mazurka Op. 67 No.2
Blawan – Lavender
Pedestrian – Hei Poa
Pearson Sound – WAD
Fantastic Mr Fox – If I
Gang Colours – Dance Around The Subject
Disclosure – Offline Dexterity
Koreless – MD
Joy Orbison – So Derobe
Hors x Henrik Koefod x Kilimanjaro – Fell
Mount Kimbie – Fifty Mile View
James Blake – Postpone
Addison Groove – Footcrab
R Kelly – Exit
Ifan Dafydd – Miranda
Cloud Boat – Lions on the beach
Amy Winehouse – You Know I’m No Good

No comments:

Post a Comment