Saturday, October 13, 2012

Kanye West - White Dress


I brought Kanye West in first. He came into the editing room, and he went and wrote a beautiful song for the scene I showed him. A beautiful scene with a lot of beautiful ladies. He just said, ‘Wow, that’s beautiful. The colors is beautiful. The girls is definitely pretty.” And I said, ‘Well listen to what Lucy Liu starts to sing. That idea is all you need to take. It’s gotta be about somebody lovely.’ I had given him one other piece of advice. I said, ‘Think of Ghostface in the sense of how Ghostface did “Ice Cream” and “Wildflower,” where he kinda raps all the way through it. On “Wildflower” Ghostface does a super long verse, and Kanye’s second verse here is actually super long. We finished the song and he said to me, ‘I tried to make it Ghostface long.'

-RZA

No comments:

Post a Comment