Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Willis Earl Beal - Take Me Away

This is not a new story by any means.  I just wasn't that taken by Evening Kiss enough to post it.  For those that don't know about Willis Earl Beal, he has quite the fascinating story.  To put it succinctly, he'd leave fliers like the one pictured above around town with his phone number and the tagline: "Call me and I will sing you a song."  I can only imagine the interesting experience (I say interesting because I am not wholly sure whether it would be surreal, tragic, awkward, etc.) of sitting alone in my room listening to Willis on the other end sing.  Here is the new single from his début album on XL recordings as well as an excerpt from an interview I found intriguing.  

What are your plans for music? I read that other artists like James Blake and Mos Def are fans of your music. Are you aware of that?
Yeah, James Blake has expressed interest in working together, and then we were thinking maybe I should do something with Jamie xx. But so far, I’ve always worked alone. I guess now that I’m getting noticed, that might have to change. I just hope that transition is seamless, you know what I mean? But I do want to add some new sounds to my music.



No comments:

Post a Comment