Sunday, March 18, 2012

Breton - 2 Years


I met Breton at their show in London with Charlie M.  We played foosball with them and they offered to let us stay at their place for as long as we wanted.  Nice on Nice.  Then I heard em play.  Shit stopped. Hella versatile band.  This one's on that dark shit and I'm about it.  Speaking to The Fader, Roman Rappak explained “The lyrics are about this strange thing that happened to me a year ago the day before yesterday. I was seeing this girl, her dad had died two years before and it was the anniversary of her dad’s death. At this stage I didn’t realize that she was still as messed up about it as I later found out she was. Without going into too much detail I found myself in this awkward position where she wanted to go to the hospital where he’d died. And because I’ve never had to cope with a parent dying, it was one of those moments where you’re like, “Am I ever going to be qualified to deal with this in an effective way?” Not as in, I don’t want to have to deal with this myself, but I really wanted to help her. She ended up trying to get into the cancer ward in Guy’s Hospital in London Bridge. And I was standing next to her and suddenly thought, “What the fuck are we doing?” I got this singer called Py to sing on it. It’s the only bit on the record where I wanted to see what a slow song would sound like if I chopped up all the vocals and samples.”

No comments:

Post a Comment