Friday, May 30, 2014

Son Lux - Build a Pyre (Begin Again) (Video)

Children... civilians... I humbly apologize.  I have been sonned by the game.  I stand before you on a mountain, embarrassed.  Lay people, I have slept on what was possibly the most major banger of the year.  This banger also features one of the biggest artists in the world right now: Lorde.  The track is a remix to Son Lux's hit "Easy". Go head n drink the coo-lade:

Now why did I sleep? I slept because I don't read Pitchfork.  Lately my digging has been done in the cobwebs of the internet.  Small blogs, soundcloud pages with as many followers as I have fingers, tasteless bandcamp pages... I friends am an admitted hater of the mainstream.  This music game is watered... no, hosed with recycled sounds and artists that the Gods discovered years ago... only to see the game launch them into popularity when the civilian ears were ready.  Reader, you are not that civilian.  You are different.  You are prettier.  You've definitely got bitches.  The "Easy (Switch Screens)" remix is an amazing song... it may be the banger of the year. And I slept.  For this slip up I am humbled... and I can assure you that I will no longer sleep on the mainstream.  It has its place.  Forrest Gump was a banger of a flick. Give credit where it's due.  The timing of this post coincides with Son Lux's newest video that NPR premiered today. It's directed by Geoff Hoskinson, who makes some trippy shit.

Edit:
Also this new track by the beast:

No comments:

Post a Comment