Friday, May 20, 2011

Drake - Dreams Money Can Buy



Drake's development as a Young Money artist, not to mention a number of commercial releases following his debut album, has sort of diluted my interest in his work. But peep this track. I can always expect something dope from '40' and part of me thinks its dope that hip hop producers are sampling relevant electronic tracks. The other side of me is a little disgusted that a rapper like Drake, who once held unbelievable potential (and then signed with YMCMB, raps biggest monopoly), would go in on this joint. Maybe that's the elitist in me. Check it out...


Drake - Dreams Money Can Buy by Hypetrak

2 comments:

  1. im down for it. it only uses the intro to the Jai Paul track and doesnt drop or go in the same direction. drake is nice on it too. he's still got it but hes clearly slippin

    ReplyDelete
  2. the blip "dont" (hella high) sample = dumb clean. i like his flow over the drums. really like the drums. my attention strays when he sings

    ReplyDelete