Sunday, May 1, 2011

It Was All Good Just a Week Ago




I'm not the biggest fan of this video/song but it represents the good ol' days of the ROC. We have cameos ranging from Beans to Juelz and a very out of place Kanye.  We all throw up the diamond, rapity rapsters and old school heads alike.  In the words of Dave Chappelle, "you mythologize this motherfucker like he was the greatest dude" but I want to question this a bit so bear with me.  All of this is in light of the shaft that Young Chris has gotten and continues to get as well as the future of artists like J. Cole and Jay Elec.  Here are the thoughts and anecdotes from Choke No Joke, the Rocafella camera man (I'm oversimplifying his role because he damn sure wasn't a director).


Hit the jump








Jay denying to be responsible for Beans and a funny Kanye story.





Putting Jay in perspective in light of the Beans feud and Young Chris's future.  Do with this what you will but I am of the mind that these business tactics don't bode well for future artists.


2 comments:

  1. I don't remember the drum kit on can't stop won't stop being so funny. I can't lie.. I like to get my two-step on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post was legendary... but needed a jump. right hand corner... the jump button. love her.

    ReplyDelete